St. Mark’s Catholic Parish on West St. in Pittsfield was founded in 1913 as an outgrowth of the mother church, St. Joseph’s, on North Street. Fr. Michael Leonard served as the first pastor, the church records, and he continued in that role until his death in 1955 at age 94.

Fr. Thomas Finn succeeded him until his death in 1968, and then Msgr. Joseph Johnson for 23 years, until his retirement in 1994. Fr. Henry Dorsch became the parish’s fourth pastor, and in 2003 Fr. John Salatino stepped in to become the fifth pastor of his childhood church.